This tutorial will show you about how to install VirtualBox on openSUSE Leap or another version and another .rpm distro. Because i’m using openSUSE Leap as my operating system.
VirtualBox is one of powerfull virtualization software. For developer you can use VirtualBox to create or manage your project without disrupt your main device, those are isolated. I’m using virtualbox for trying an another linux distro without destroy my Laptop.
VirtualBox can be combine with Vagrant. Wait for the next tutorial! 😛
Check this out:
- openSUSE Leap
- Internet Connection
- VirtualBox, you can download it here.
- Install dependencies for VirtualBox, it requires gcc, kernel-devel, dkms and make.
zypper in gcc make kernel-devel dkms
- Download and install public key for signed,
wget -c https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox.asc rpm --import oracle_vbox.asc
- Navigate to your download folder of VirtualBox, and run this command:
zypper in VirtualBox-xxxx.rpm
- As root, open YaST | go to Security and Users | User and group management. Select your username from the list, then click Edit. Go to the tab named Details, then tick the group
vboxusersin order to add your username to that group.
- Okay, VirtualBox is ready to use. If you using KDE you can find in by search or go to Application Menu | System | Oracle VM Virtualbox.
Hope this helpful 🙂